Phonics Reading Help
Here are several phonemic awareness activities and resources designed to make learning of phonics fun for you.
This site offers useful worksheets on blends, consonants, digraphs, miscellaneous, and vowels.
Create Your Own
Sight Word Reading Help
Dolch Sight Word Games
Have fun practicing those words you need to know by sight. Pick a level for play: beginning level, kindergarten level, first grade, second grade or third grade.
Graphic Organizers to Help Reading Comprehension
Online Graphic Organizers
Use a graphic organizer to help you better understand what you read.
- Know –Want to know – Learn Chart
- Plot Diagram for Beginning – Middle – and End
- Story Mapping for Characters, Conflict, Resolution, and Setting
- Venn Diagrams with 2 or 3 overlapping circles
Children’s Books to Read Online
There are many websites with books you can read online. If you forgot to check out a book for your book report, you might read a book from one of these websites with online books!
- FunBrain Online Books
- Reading A-Z Mini Books Beginning Readers Can Decode
- Stone Soup Recent Issues
- Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes
- Magic Keys
- Storyline Online (Actors read-aloud children’s books)
- Starfall I’m Reading (Requires Adobe Flash)
- Lil Fingers Storybooks (for preschoolers through second grade)
- Free Kids Books
- Storybook Online
- Storyjumper: Free Stories Online.
- StoryNory (with audio, too)
- International Children’s Digital Library in English or in Spanish
- Unite for Literacy Online Children’s Books (for young readers)
- Project Gutenberg Children’s Bookshelf