The third, fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students in Ms. Faber’s Title I students at St. Leo the Great made book recommendations.
First, Ms. Faber and the students discussed why readers recommend books using a classroom chart. The six reasons on the chart include the following:
- good plot,
- excitement factor,
- a friend recommends a book, and
- lastly, recommendation is based on a teacher read-aloud.
The students’ book recommendations included the following:
- Some Birthday! by Patricia Polacco.
- Extreme Adventures Crocodile Attack by Justin D’ath.
- Smile by Raina Telgemeier.
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown.
- Sparks! by Ian Boothby and Nona Matsumoto.
- Lives of Extraordinary Women Ruler, Rebels (and What the Neighbors Thought) by Kathleen Krull.
- The Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler.
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
- el Deafo by Cece Bell.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
- I Survived by Lauren Tarshis.
- Nate the Great by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat.
Our Book Recommendations